Thursday, January 14, 2010

Brunchin' and Ropin'

This past Sunday I was invited to brunch with some gal pals of mine and I'm oh so glad I went! Misti had told me they were going to start having brunch the second Sunday of every month. Got an FB message from Angee not long after inviting me to attend and celebrate her birthday. I decided this was something outside of the box for me and something I needed to do.
So off I went to Legend's in Norman on Sunday morning! In attendence were Misti, Angee, Jennifer, Amber, Keely, Camille and Heather. Dear sweet Todd joined us a little later! We had such a nice time and a wonderful meal! I really do enjoy the company of these ladies! It's so nice to be around folks who have the ability to lift you up just by being in their presence. I like folks like that.
After brunch I scooted back to Chickasha and went straight to the Grady County Fairgrounds to watch the team roping. Jacob, Kelsey and Chris were all roping. It has been really cool to watch Kelsey develop into quite the little roper! I shouldn't be surprised by this....the kid is a natural born athlete and has excelled at pretty much every sport she's ever attempted. There is one exception however. She sucks at putt-putt golf!
Anyway, Jacob and Kelsey had Adyson with them and Cathy hauled the Taylor boys into town and we just had a great time! Several years ago, if you would have told me that spending an afternoon at a team roping wrangling 3 kids would be fun I would have said you were NUTS!!! But it was a great day and I'm learning to cherish days like that!

Cheers!
Shayla

No comments: