Monday, June 29, 2009

Celebrity Encounters Vol. 1: Charlie Robison

The other night I was telling Tracey about the many times I've made a fool of myself when meeting a "celebrity." She was laughing her ass off and told me I should put them in the blog............so here we go.

First off: Charlie Robison. He played Calf Fry in Stillwater one year. Jimmy must have been working for No Justice 'cause Holly and I were backstage. I could not wait to meet Charlie and get a pic taken with him. Unfortunately, I had to go to the bathroom really bad and went into the club. In those days, we always carried a disposable camera to all the shows.......back before we were digital!!! Anyway, I had the camera in the back pocket of my jeans and when I pulled my britches down the camera fell into the toilet. Damn! Never one to be deterred, I scooped the camera out of the toilet and went to find Holly. We met up with Charlie for our photo op. I gave the camera to some guy in Charlie's crew to take our pic and explained it had just come from the toilet. He had a real funny look on his face while taking the picture. Charlie just laughed! Unfortunately, the pic didn't turn out.

On a related note, years before meeting Charlie I met the Dixie Chicks in OKC. They were on their "Fly" tour. At this time, Charlie and Emily were married. She was the last one in line and when I got to her all I could say was "I love your husband!"
She said, "I do, too."

1 comment:

Holly said...

This seems like an appropriate time to share the Wormy Dog Bob story.