Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Celebrity Encounters Vol. 2: Dierks Bentley

Once again, Holly and I were at Calf Fry. So many interesting and exciting things have happened to us at Calf Fry over the years. Hmmmmmmm..........wonder why??
Anyway, Jimmy was with No Justice and so we had our backstage passes. They have free beer if you get there early, so we got there early of course!! Calf Fry is held outside The Tumbleweed so the "backstage" area is just a fenced off area beside and behind the stage. There is a big, cement ramp that goes up to the stage. It makes it easier to roll equipment, amps, etc up to the stage. Anyway, Holly and I come thru the side gate and we're strolling towards the cement ramp and we see that year's headliner, Dierks Bentley, walking up the ramp. I say "Hey Dierks!" He never stops walking, glances at me and gives me a little wave from his hip. I don't even know if you could call it a wave.........it really seemed more like a brush off motion.

Now, with that said, my sister has a totally different account of how this story went down. I'm sure she'll get on here and give you her side of it but this is how I remember it!

2 comments:

Holly said...

if you could record voice and insert it into blogs, i would be better equipped to demonstrate exactly how shayla said, "hey dierks!" kinda crazy-psycho-country-fan like. it can't be described with written words.

in the meantime, shayla; while on the topic of celebrity encounters; maybe you should share the REK farm fresh onions tour story. that's another gem!

Shayla said...

Like I said, she has a totally different take on how this thing went down. I'll just say, in my defense, I took full advantage of the free beer and maybe I don't remember it quite clearly! Just sayin'. We will forever remember it as the "Hey Dierks Moment."

As far as REK goes, there are several stories that involve him and they will be posted at a later date. I tend to get crazy-stupid when he's around!