Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Macca's Still Got It!

Paul is the man.

The show last night was great as expected! It was the one-year anniversary of the BOK Center in Tulsa. Good choice!

The first time I saw Paul back in 2002 in OKC I was blown away. I think it was because I didn't really have any expectations. Obviously, I know who the Beatles are and I'm a fan. I dig Wings. Love the solo stuff but still just didn't really know what to expect. It was incredible!!

I loved this show too but it was missing the impact that first show had. Still and awesome night of rock-n-roll by a music legend!

Did I mention is band is top notch! Well, they are.

Here's what sucked about the night: The drunk ass dude who occupied the seat next to me. When he came to sit down, he had a beer in each hand. I just figured he would be joined by a girlfriend or buddy. When I realized that wasn't the case I knew I was in trouble. Now I've gone to concerts and consumed my fair share of adult beverages but I've NEVER ruined the experience for someone else!

First of all there was his commentary. He had a comment for everything. He was talking to NO ONE! Just drunkenly blabbering away to himself.

Second of all he stunk. It smelled like a brewery and a whiskey still collided head on at a very high rate of speed. Later on in the evening I would actually see him drinking out of a bottle of whiskey he snuck in.

During "Live and Let Die" he spilled beer and it hit the back of my leg and went into my flip-flops. The bastard was lucky I was really into the song or my tirade would have started then. I let it ride for awhile. When he was stumbling around and bumped into me I lost it. I turned around to him, put my hands up to his chest and screamed "GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME!!!!!!" Of course, he just drunkenly stared at me. I told him I was sick of him touching me, being a loud-mouth and spilling beer on me. He mumbled something about not wanting to be close to me. I turned away but he just kept yammering on. I yelled at him several more times. My Mom and Aunt Cathy finally realized what was going on. They moved me over to the aisle. My Aunt said she'd heard stories of my tirades in bars and thought the best of it!

Folks, I did this all stone cold sober so you KNOW I was pissed.

Aside from that, the concert was great! Thanks for the memories Paul. As for drunk-ass Tonto who annoyed the hell out of me: I hope you got a DUI and spent the night in the drunk tank.

Asshole.

No comments: