Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The (baby) Waiting Game

9 months ago I thought September would never get here but here it is! My sister's baby girl is due on September 7th. On her last doctor's appointment (8/27) she was told that if the baby wasn't here by the next doctor's appointment (9/3) they would induce labor. Every time the phone has rang this week I jump for it! I'm just waiting for "the call." The past two nights have been very restless for me. I think subconsiosly I'm still thinking about it........can't get my brain turned off!!
I know I won't miss the call since I'm a very light sleeper but for some reason I'm just not getting into a deep sleep.

I can't wait for that moment when I hold my little niece (and namesake) for the first time. I remember when Tripp was born like it was yesterday. The experience of holding him for the first time will stick with me forever!

We went out to Chris and Felicia's house last night for Chris's birthday party. It's pretty neat to see what kind of parents they have become. I can't wait to see what kind of parents Jimmy and Holly will be. I know they're going to be awesome! I can only imagine a little girl with Holly's beauty and independence and Jimmy's practicality and kindness. Olivia is a lucky girl indeed!

Now back to the waiting...............

2 comments:

Felicia Taylor said...

I hope you know how lucky these babies are to have you as an Aunt.

Shayla said...

:-)

The pleasure is all mine!!!